Welcome to the Humanistic Co-design Initiative
"Humanistic Co-design is a extension of contemporary design approaches, such as design thinking and human-centered design, that emphasizes the emergent inspiration that comes from the dissolution of the designer-client relationship in favor of a mutual engagement of peers with complementary experiences and expertise."
Dr. Kyle Keane, ERYT-500, YACEP, HcoI-CL
Lecturer and Research Scientist
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Humanistic Co-design Initiative is a cooperative of individuals, organizations and institutions working together to increase awareness about how designers, makers, and engineers can apply their skills in collaboration with people who have disabilities through the Humanistic Co-design Process to develop new and innovative assistive technologies.
- We have curated resources for you to learn more about the Humanistic Co-design Process.
- Looking to connect? Join us at one of our in-person workshops or online meetups and bring your friends along!
- Looking for tangible design outputs? Check out Student Projects to see what our events are generating.
- Looking to become a certified trainer? Visit our Certification page to find out more.
- If your organization would like to be a part of the initiative or learn about those who are, then checkout our Partners page.